We are happy to annouce our Workshop Jupyter in GAP and other CAS.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together people who are developing or using these technologies, and people who want to use them. While combining the use of GAP and Jupyter is the main focus of this workshop, people developing Jupyter or using Jupyter to access other software are of course welcome to attend. The topics include (but are not limited to):
- Applications for the GAP Jupyter kernel
- Visualizations using GAP and Jupyter
- Using Thebe for interactive manuals
- Developing teaching materials with Jupyter, and publishing them using MyBinder
- Writing academic publications using MyBinder and Docker images, to make all computational results and all examples fully and easily reproducible.
The workshop is meant to collect ideas, start work on projects, provide tutorials for use cases, etc.
The workshop is organized by Markus Pfeiffer and me and takes place in St Andrews, June 4th - June 8th 2018. Everybody who wants to work on Jupyter related things in CAS is welcome.
The British Mathematical Colloquium will take place in St Andrews after the workshop.